Monday, July 16, 2007

Encouragement

I've got encouragement today for writing Lala Diaries... I have to admit I fell into a backdrop of fear again. Thoughts have been haunting me: what if so and so finds out? what if this is not such a good idea after all? do i really need to talk? what is wrong with life as it is?

Well, the fact is - nothing is wrong, all is right but I only wonder - what would I do if I wasn't afraid...

I even asked K: "What if, for example, your father reads about it?"

She shrugged and looked at me with nothing but love in her eyes: "He won't!" giving me permission to live my life the way I want to.

I chose to write in English although Serbian is my mother tongue. Once upon a time it was because I thought it was easier to write knowing my parents couldn't read about it me being lesbian. In meantime my Serbian got really simple and I lost touch with it - maybe if I dig into my mind's well I'll find fossil thoughts that are willing to be excavated. Would there be anybody to read?

Labris - Belgrade
Marija Sherifovic - Winner of Eurovision 2007
Charles and Fred?

Shall we dance?






Ballroom Dancing
Photos taken in Montreal 2006, First Outgames
Copyright 2006 Dalida Turkovic

No comments: