Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Experience - routine check

I went to see a gynecologist here in Beijing. Routine check, no real problem as we know it.... It was Saturday morning, just before friend's birthday all-day party, I was reading The Secret by Rhonda Byrne in the waiting room - I heard a scream.

"Labors," I thought.

K went first, I was next. It took a while, I thought, when they called my name.

When it was finished I was fighting with tears:

"Have you ever heard of Lesbians?" I ask.
"What?" doctor says
"Homosexuals?"
"Oh, yes," she looks at me with disbelief.
"The woman you saw before me is my wife and we are Lesbians!" I start sobbing while she apologizes for being ... forceful. My sobs are interrupted with sad thoughts: the scream I heard while in the waiting room wasn't a pregnant woman in labors - it was my wife screaming in pain during a routine gynecology check.

Later on I understand K explained it to her already, that we are married and all.

Are there Lala friendly doctors in Beijing?

No comments: